Generating conversions and leads through paid advertising involves a strategic approach to reach your target audience, engage them effectively, and guide them toward taking the desired actions. Such a strategy requires much thought and well various steps to be implemented gradually.
Additionally, since there is no universal success recipe for ad campaigns, there is a success recipe that works for you, it’s just your job to find it. Don’t worry, we’re here to help at every step. Keep on reading to discover insightful tips and proven techniques that can boost your advertising chances of achieving exceptional results in getting leads and conversions via ad campaigns.
🔹 Define your ad campaign goals:
If you wish to get certain results with your ad campaign, first of all, you have to know what are those results. Setting clear and well-defined goals for your ad campaigns is essential for measuring success and guiding your marketing efforts. So to start off you need to clearly define your objectives. Do you want brand awareness, lead generation, website traffic, or customer retention?
Think about what results you want to achieve and take note of these next factors in your decision:
- Set specific and measurable goals. For example, instead of saying “increase sales,” specify “achieve a 20% increase in sales revenue by the end of the quarter.” You should be able to track progress and determine whether you’ve achieved it via metrics like click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, return on ad spend (ROAS), and so on.
- Set goals that are realistic. Consider your resources, budget, and historical performance. Unrealistic goals can lead to frustration and demotivation.
- Set a clear timeframe for achieving your goals. Are your goals focused on immediate results or contribute to long-term growth? Whether it’s a short-term campaign or a longer-term objective, having a timeline helps you stay focused and accountable.
- Different goals are relevant at different stages of the customer journey. For example, are you targeting a top-of-funnel audience(awareness), or a bottom-of-funnel audience(conversions)? Goals can also be influenced by such aspects.
🔹 Get to know your audience:
Now that you have a goal, there’s still another vital element missing. Who are your ads addressed to? Identify and understand your target audience’s demographics, interests, behaviours, pain points and anything else that you consider relevant to your strategy. This information is the basis that will guide your ad creation, ad targeting and the success of your campaigns.
🔹 Ad formats explained:
When it comes to choosing the right ad format for your campaign, there’s no right or wrong choice, however, there are some guidelines you can follow to ensure your desired results. To learn more about each ad format, have a look at the next materials:
🔹 Create compelling ad content:
Now that we have the base for our ad campaign, it’s time to get creative. (See what we did there?) Craft engaging ad copy and creatives that resonate with your audience. Highlight benefits, solve problems, and include a clear call-to-action (CTA).
For more in-depth advice, check out the next articles below.
🔹 Do A/B testing:
Continuously test different ad variations to identify what works best. Test headlines, images, CTAs, and even different ad formats. In Mondiad you can create a maximum of 10 creatives in one ad campaign.
🔹 Optimize your landing page:
Landing page optimization is crucial for ensuring that your ads drive the best possible results. When a user clicks on your ad, the landing page is where they land, and it plays a critical role in converting them into customers or taking the desired action.
- The landing page should closely match the content and offers mentioned in the ad. Consistency in messaging, visuals, and value proposition helps users feel that they’ve arrived at the right place.
- Place the most important elements, such as the headline and CTA, in prominent positions. Use contrasting colours and size variations to make them stand out.
- Clearly communicate the value of your offer. Explain how it addresses users’ needs, solves their problems, or improves their lives.
- If possible, use data from your ad campaigns to personalize the content on the landing page. Address users by their names or tailor content based on their interests or preferences.
- Use a clear and prominent call to action that aligns with the goal of your ad. Additionally, use action-oriented words and design elements that draw attention to the CTA button.
- Keep the design clean and responsive. Remove any distractions that could divert users’ attention away from the conversion goal.
- Ensure that your landing page loads fast and is optimized for mobile devices. Slow loading times can lead to higher bounce rates. Optimize images, minimize code, and use content delivery networks (CDNs) to ensure your landing page loads quickly.
- Include customer testimonials, reviews, security badges, and any relevant awards or certifications. These help establish credibility and build trust with users.
🔹 Segmentation and Targeting:
To get optimal results, it is natural to segment your audience based on demographics, interests, behaviours, or funnel stages. In this way, you can tailor your ad content and targeting for each segment to maximize relevance.
When it comes to ad campaign targeting, Mondiad serves a wide range of filters to segment and fine-tune your targeting. These filters include Geo, carrier, IP, device, browser, browser language, operating system, subscription age, traffic type, zoneid, subid.
Additionally, our network also allows additional features like campaign audiences and blacklist/whitelist targeting to automate your workflow. Blacklist/whitelist targeting allows you to include or exclude zoneids and subids as a standalone list or as a campaign audience pre-set list.
🔹 Implement conversion tracking:
Naturally, the more data you have on how your campaigns are performing, the more you understand your audience behaviour and thus make further tweaks to improve your conversions. An ad tracker collects detailed data about your visitors & conversions and helps you discover lead generation strategies, improving lead quality, and maximising the efficiency of your marketing budget.
As a Mondiad advertiser, conversion tracking is very simple and quickly done via S2S (server-to-server)postback URL tracking and you can choose from several popular ad trackers, depending on your choice.
🔹 Take advantage of seasonal promotions:
By tailoring their messages and offerings to fit the current season, advertisers can connect with their audience on a deeper level, drive engagement, and ultimately achieve their marketing goals. Seasonality refers to the fluctuating patterns and trends that occur during different times of the year, such as holidays, weather changes, cultural events, and other seasonal factors.
Here are just 3 reasons you should capitalize on seasonal advertising:
- Seasonal promotions, sales, and special deals can create a sense of urgency among consumers. Limited-time offers encourage quick action, driving higher conversion rates.
- Advertisers who acknowledge and respect cultural events and celebrations through their ads can build goodwill and strengthen their brand’s connection with diverse audiences.
- Certain products and services experience increased demand during specific seasons. By tailoring their ads to these seasonal demands, advertisers can tap into a larger pool of potential customers who are actively seeking those offerings.
Now that we’ve settled the opportunities ahead, get inspired by these next posts:
🔹 Automate your workflow / improve results:
Take advantage of all the tools to optimize your ad campaigns offered by your ad network of choice. Let’s take for example the smart optimization rules feature by Mondiad:
In programmatic advertising, ad optimization rules play a crucial role in automating the process of managing and improving the performance of digital ad campaigns. These rules govern how ads are delivered, displayed, and adjusted based on predefined conditions, saving you time and money. The primary purpose of ad optimization rules is to enhance campaign efficiency, maximize return on investment (ROI), and ensure that ads are shown to the most relevant audience. In Mondiad you can automate the disabling of low-performing creatives, subids, zoneids and campaigns. You can learn all about them via our Help Center.
Note: To use optimization rules, you need to use a conversion tracker token(the [clickid] in your URL) to pass back conversions.
You may want to also check out our additional in-house tools campaign audiences and event tracker.
🔹 Periodically monitor & tweak your campaign parameters, if necessary.
Regularly monitor the performance of your ad campaigns by tracking key metrics (click-through rate, conversion rate, cost per conversion), and adjusting your strategies accordingly, when/if needed. It is important to let enough time to pass by and gather data on your campaign performance but also be prepared to adapt your strategies based on the feedback you receive from your audience.
If you’re ready to get started with your marketing campaigns and you are looking for a reliable platform to help your brand grow, we are here.