Optimization rules are an in-house technology and a great performance testing and optimization tool for your ad campaign parameters, saving you time and money. They allow you to automate the disabling of low-performing creatives, subids, zoneids and campaigns.
Add and customize your optimization rules according to your needs in the Campaigns Tab, as the last part of setting up your ad campaigns, before sending them to moderation.
- We start collecting the stats from the very moment you create the rule for your campaign and we will check and apply it automatically, every 5 minutes.
- Test and combine different rules for better results. On each campaign, you can create a maximum of 5 rules(initially).
- To use optimization rules, you need to use a conversion tracker (use the [clickid] token in your URL) to pass back conversions. If you forget to do it, you will get a message notification informing you that you are not using the tokens for conversion tracking, thus optimization cannot be applied.
- A list of all the changes the system has made on a particular rule will be shown if you click on the “Log History” button to the right of that rule.
- A rule becomes active right after being saved with the new/modified parameters.
- *If your campaign has a very wide targeting (or a very high bid) we may not be able to block the segments on time (campaign/creative/zoneid/subid), so overspending is possible.
A rule will be formed from 4 parameters as follows:
1. On which dimension the rule applies to:
- Campaign (this is referring to the entire campaign)
2. Values reflecting how much is the dimension spending:
- Clicks are higher than xxxx
- Spent money is higher than $ xxx.xx
3. Values reflecting the performance of the dimension:
- Conversions are less than xx
- Revenue is less than $xxx.xx
- Conversion rate is less than xx.xx%
- ROI is less than xxx.xx%
- Conversion cost is bigger than $xxx.xx
4. The timeframe of the rule:
- Default: last 24h
- Predefined values: Last 24h / Last 2-7 days
If a ( zoneid / subid / creative / campaign ) has more than *X ( spent / clicks ) and ( conversions are less than/ conversion rate is less than/ conversion cost is bigger than/ revenue is less than/ ROI is less than ) *X during ( last 24h / last 2-7 days ), then PAUSE.
*X can be a number/a sum of money /a percent
If subid has more than $5 spent & ROI is less than $4 during the last 24h, then PAUSE.